There are a wide range of asbestos surveys that can be completed on any commercial or domestic properties. Ledbury Surveys Ltd have fully qualified asbestos surveyors available for every job, ensuring a thorough inspection and test of your property is completed. All staff have been trained and with over 20 years of experience working with asbestos, your expectations will be met.
In addition to our surveys, we also offer several other services and can give all clients advice and consultancy regarding any issues that may occur. We can discuss your property in detail, testing every area of the building for potential asbestos. If asbestos is not dealt with correctly, it could cause many risks and serious health problems.
Types Of Asbestos Surveys
With several types of asbestos surveys, it is important to have the correct survey complete for each property for the highest accuracy that fits within your budget. Our asbestos surveyors always know which survey is suitable for every property and the parts of the property that are being inspected. The asbestos surveys that are available include:
- Bulk Sampling
- Management Surveys
- Management Surveys With Part Refurbishment / Demolition Survey
- Refurbishment & Demolition Surveys
- Re-Inspection Survey
We can discuss the details of all asbestos surveys, giving you a good understanding of each survey type and what is required for your property. Our asbestos surveys will ensure your property is in good condition or identify where asbestos is present for it to be removed or have a management plan put in place.
We make sure that all buildings meet health and safety regulations with no risk from asbestos being present in the property.
Safety Inspections & Audits
In addition to surveys, our asbestos surveyors can also complete a number of safety inspections and audits, as well as our asbestos removals. We offer a full site safety audit and inspection and COSHH surveys and assessments. This ensures safety in all commercial and domestic properties, preventing asbestos from becoming a risk.
You can be assured that with our expert team of surveyors, your property never has the threat of asbestos. If we do find asbestos but removal is not necessary, management plans can always be created to keep any threats controlled.
If you would like to discuss survey types with our asbestos surveyors, contact Ledbury Surveys Ltd today. We can give you any information you require and book a suitable time for our surveys to be completed in your property. Speak to us today and call now on 01684 303470 or 07738 246916 or fill in our contact form for a fast response.
We provide a variety of asbestos -related services that can be carried out on both domestic and industrial properties to identify and record asbestos containing materials (ACMs). At Ledbury Surveys Ltd, each of our staff is fully trained, qualified and has over 20 years of experience so you can rely on us to carry out commercial asbestos surveys, residential asbestos surveys and asbestos surveys at residential properties as and when required.
What is an asbestos survey?
In short, an asbestos survey involves identifying Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs). We offer asbestos testing, residential asbestos surveys and commercial asbestos surveys.
Services we offer:
1. Testing of Bulk Samples – The materials sampled are tested in UKAS accredited laboratories for identification purposes only. All extraction and analyses are conducted in accordance with HSE guidelines and safety standards. This service will identify the material and confirm the presence or absence of asbestos and its type, normally being chrysotile (white asbestos), crocidolite (blue asbestos) or amosite (brown asbestos).
2. Asbestos Management Surveys – These manage ACMs whilst the premises are being occupied or used and are essentially for commercial and residential buildings. Although there is no legal requirement to undertake residential asbestos surveys for tenants, it is recommended that residential properties are surveyed to enable ongoing maintenance to be delivered without delays caused by lack of asbestos information on site. The survey will also identify any issues that may cause problems for tenants in the daily use of a property. They involve sampling of materials by our trained BOHS qualified surveyors and production of comprehensive survey reports.
3. Management Surveys with Part Refurbishment/Demolition Surveys are conducted on both commercial buildings and now domestic properties as directed by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 which now also applies to domestic properties. That may be having minor refurbishment works undertaken in part of a building and the client would like the remainder of the building checked to ensure compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations.
4. Refurbishment and Demolition Surveys are conducted on both commercial buildings and now domestic properties as directed by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 which now also applies to domestic properties.
5. Re-Inspection Surveys are the regular inspection of the identified ACMs as directed by the original asbestos survey, with either a 6 or 12 month re-inspection period. This is normally driven by the type of material identified and how easily it can be damaged which may cause exposure issues.
Why do you need an asbestos survey?
The presence of asbestos can cause serious health-related issues for homeowners and workers if exposed. In buildings built before the year 2000, asbestos is likely to have been used in many areas like heating systems, flooring, ceiling, walls and even outside gutters and soffits. We offer surveys that are tailored to the building and include a final detailed report on action required, whether this be management or removal of asbestos. Our budget-friendly prices coupled with our excellent service will leave you feeling safe and satisfied. You shouldn’t have to worry about living in your home or working at your workplace – with our residential asbestos surveys and commercial asbestos surveys, you won’t need to. Both surveys offer all necessary risk assessments, testing, management and removal advice that are required by law. Homeowners, while permitted to dispose of asbestos according to local rules and regulations, are highly advised to hire professionals for asbestos abatement. Leave the hard work to us and we will handle your property with the utmost care and attention.